Originally Posted by saddlesore
Colorado springs is predicted to out populate Denver in the near future. Everyone that moves here comes form some crowded infestation and then promptly wants to pass laws or regulations to have what they had where they left from. Where I live was 25 miles from Colorado Springs. Now I have 3 Walmarts within 12 miles of me. Just south, 6-7 miles, they are putting in another 5000 houses added to the 3000 they put in within the last three years.They fill those house up as fast as they can build them. They all have some form of Homeowners Assoc to tell you what you can and can't do.

These folks move from some where that they had a 60 x 50 lot or lived in a town home and think they found paradise because they now have a 1/4acre lot.These same folks are the rudest you can imagine.You won't getaway from being hammered with liberal politics if you are looking at Colorado, unless you maybe settle on the western slope.

We are besieged with illegal grow houses for marijuana.Now instead of looking out for drunk drivers and those texting ,we have to worry about pot heads being high driving down the road.

Those liberals up in Boulder and Denver are gradually taking over Colorado Springs.The state government is controlled by Denverites because they have the population to get things/people voted into push those liberal ideologies. The replies in this thread have talked about low taxes.As the population grows,so will those. Every time some one has an idea these liberals figure out another penny sales tax to pay for it and then vote it in.Then what the tax was suppose to be used for is spent on other things

Forget about a quiet weekend or week in the mountains. Any accessible place is filled with people blaring music or loud goings on.Crowded so much you have to take your own parking space.Any big lakes look more like the Jersey shore.

If I were not so old.I would move out of here and if I was young, I sure would not considered moving here

This sounds like the PA Pocono mountains area not far from me with people from NY and NJ. Mostly decent folk but too many, and then they want it to be like where they're from and came to escape.Hard to figure.