Funny reading the comments here seeing as I recently moved to Colorado Springs. I’ve got news for you guys unless you live in sub 5000 person town in America and nowhere near a decent job market the swelling population and sprawling construction is a fact of life. I don’t know where all the people are coming from but after living in Texas for a while everything negative that’s been said about Denver has been everyday life in every big city in Texas for a while. You want to talk about growth Texas is out of control. I’ve also visited family in 3 different regions in Florida annually and it’s the same story there. The only places to live and get away from the sprawling expansion of humans in this country is in places that have extremely harsh weather that most can’t tolerate as well as accepting that malls, restraunts and fancy shopping centers aren’t available.

To me Co Springs isn’t that bad compared to what I left behind in Texas. Traffic is never so bad that I get ancy like I used to in Texas. Denver can be bad at times but it still isn’t like San Antonio, Houston or DFW. But I usually only run up to Lone Tree to hit Cabelas so I’m never too deep into the center of the city. I do have some apprehension over what I thought hunting and fishing would be like here as opposed to what it actually will be. Every person I talk to has so much negativity about the quality of hunting here with the one common denominator being over crowding. I keep hearing about the sea of orange when deer and elk hunting and also being told that to fish the best streams and rivers only on weekdays because weekends are a nightmare. I’m really trying to maintain an open mind towards it all. It is beautiful here and the weather is awesome. For every one crappy cold snowy day you usually get another 5 slightly warmer and with plenty of sunshine,