Look, before y'all jump me for making the purchase in the first place, let me just say that I originally bought this thing back in 2000. That's 2 years before I found 24hourcampfire.com. I've grown a lot since then.

[Linked Image]

When I bought my first Mini-14, I also bought a scope mount for it. Why I didn't just buy the Ranch version in the first place is beyond me, but there it is. The rifle itself has always served me well. I don't shoot it much, but it goes bang and can knock over cans at 50 yards with the factory sites. It will take out a feral cat or coyote. It isn't the most accurate rifle in the cabinet, but is better than the horror stories some guys have of Mini-14's from that era.

I bought a B-Square sight with the idea of having a removable target sight. I spent a month one Saturday afternoon trying to get it sighted in. The POA moved around all over the place. I finally gave up, took off the mount and buried it in a box.

My son purchased a 9mm carbine a while back and started tricking it out. He put a red dot sight on it, and was plinking cans at 80 yards with it. I remembered I had a spare red dot, and thought to myself: "Hey, maybe I can make the B-Square work on the Mini-14."

So here is my question: Has anyone had any kind of luck with the B-Square Mini-14 scope mount? Is it hopeless or is there a trick I didn't know back in 2000? Is there a better mounting system for a non-Ranch Mini-14?

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer