Met up with some friends yesterday, one of whom has a great deal of knowledge about German/Austrian firearms. He lived in Germany for many years and immersed himself in their hunting and firearms culture, so was able to share quite a bit of info on my new Steyr. The information he shared with me made me even more impressed with this M-S...if that was possible. My brass, dies, and bullets coming from Graf won't be here until next week, but he just happened to show up with a box of FN surplus FMJ ammo with a 1950 date on it. It had 15 rounds on stripper clips. None of them survived the meeting.

I had bore sighted the post reticle a few days ago and it was remarkably close. Shooting at an 8" plate at about 165 yds, we were able to walk the shots into it by aiming at the upper right side. After that, three different shooters rang the plate pretty much at will off a sand bag rest. I also tried a few shots with the scope removed. This was mostly for slaps and giggles since I can't see iron sights worth a schmidt any more, but I did manage to get the plate wet a little bit. Here is the plate we were shooting at....the small dot out in the water to the left of the point along the right shoreline:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The Norma box in the pic is new brass also brought to me by my friend. Wish it had been loaded ammo so we could have kept on popping caps!

Last edited by Hook; 02/25/18.