Now we had the difficult task of getting these hogs back up to Kevin and the side by side. Ranch hand Dave walked up the few hundred yards back to Kevin and the Side by side in hopes he could find a way down to us. In the meantime, Kona Dave and I dressed the sow and brought the two pigs to the same location. A hog does not have a handle to grab so moving the large boar was a difficult task. At one point, Kona Dave grabbed the boar and flung it over his shoulder and started marching up the grade, carrying the boar. He had the strength of youth on his side.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

After moving the hogs and stopping often to catch our breath, we could hear Ranch hand Dave and the side by side above our location. He got as close as the terrain allowed and the rest was brute force, hog dragging. Once loaded we climbed back to the downed bull. By the time we reached Kevin he had skinned the bull and removed the meat from one side. We bagged the meat in what looked like oversized pillow cases and the first load was transported back to Kevin’s truck while the remaining meat was removed. This allowed me time to do a bit of an autopsy on the arrow impact points. As the sound indicated. My first arrow was a dead center hit trough a rib. Kevin used the gutless method so the arrow I slid up into the vitals will remain on the mountain.

[Linked Image]

I wear a size 13 boot. Compare that to the shoulder blade of this bull. I did my best to avoid hitting that massive bone.

[Linked Image]

Here you can see where the first arrow went through the dead center of a rib and still continued on through.

[Linked Image]

And here is the size of the Snuffer head used. Big Animals need big broadheads.

[Linked Image]

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,