Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Originally Posted by StrayDog
Guys,
I am asking a question to those who have experience with the 100 grain TSX and Partitions.

Do they usually punch all the way through on say 300 lb. deer or not?

This is a different question than if they died right there, I don't care about that.

I used to shoot a 25-06 but it liked 120 Hornady Hollow Point flat base interlocks. So that is what I used and I never recovered one, even when they hit bone or went through at a long angle.
But I have been in camps on two separate occasions when deer shot with 25 calibers did not have an exit. This makes me nervous, granted some fall in their tracks but I am just one of those guys that feel more confident using something that goes THROUGH.
All the way thru,and then some!

X2

Having harvested over a 2dozen deer, 3 moose and 1 bull elk with 100's from my 25'06, and only recovering 3 bullets, one from a mulie buck(partition) (shoulder shot) and the other from a cow moose at 300yds, quartering away(partition)(found in the last bit of meat on the off side shoulder)And lastly one from this years buck (see pic early on in this thread) It was found up along the neck after going from the last ribs on his left side and transversing the front part of the body (3.5feet of travel)

Just remember.
You cant have SLAUGHTER,
without LAUGHTER