Originally Posted by BigPine
I would recommenced a Mission bow , made by Matthews. Very affordable and highly adjustable. I started out my sons with them. I myself wouldn't go the used route unless I had a reputable bow shop check it over very well. That's my .02 worth

I agree. Quiet, smooth, fast and quality made for not a ton of money. Ive been shooting my Mathews for close to 15 years now and every time i "think" I'm ready for a new bow a trip to my local pro shop changes my mind! Buddy of mine just spent almost $2K on a new rigged out Mathews and that wasn't even the "top of the line" model.

Something lightly used may also be a good option. Bring him to the pro shop, get him measured, see if there's a few bows there he can shoot whether it be new or used and go from there. Several years back there used to be some good deals to be had on compound bows on eBay. I bought a Fred Bear "Instinct" on there as a back up years ago. I loved that bow. Was almost as quiet, smooth, and fast as my Mathews for about a 3rd of the price. Good Luck!

Randall