Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by blackdogsrule
Just got my Kuiu Yukon rain pants and jacket in and the jacket will need to be returned. Normally an XL is plenty big this needs to be a 2XL to layer properly. The merino wool hoodie is tight but doable. The beanie and gloves run true to size. The advice we got from Afognak recommended quiet clothing but this is rain gear with nothing quiet about them. I used some Browning clothing on a fall hunt in AK and Yukon and it worked great. Thinking of taking the old tried and true stuff with me but I think Afognak will be a whole lot wetter in the spring. Nothing worse than being wet and cold.

I really appreciate all the advice guys! Thank you,

Afognak is a temperate rainforest, the farthest north and west they are found in the US. Unfortunately it is mostly missing the forest these days.

I had a bunch of the Browning Hydrosponge gear and it was horrible in serious rain.

That's good to know. I have Browning Hydra gear and it is very warm and does well in moderate rain but I feel Afognak will be just a little different. I got the Kuiu Yukon rain jacket and pants and they are not quiet. I don't know how stealthy I will need to be as it is my first trip there. Maybe just take the old Helley Hanson gear? It si so much easier to pack for Africa... 3 shorts, 3 short sleeve shirts, 6 underwear and 6 socks. I am spoiled. Going to stop by the local Cabelas today and check out the Sitka gear too.

Montani Semper Liberi

"Mountaineers Are Always Free"