I am starting to get ready for a Cape Buffalo hunt I hope to take in 2019 and am practicing with my Model 70 458 WM Cabela's 50th anniversary rifle. I am working on my loads and have selected a North Fork solid FP in 450 and have narrowed down the expanding bullet to a Swift A Frame 450 or a Barnes TSX in 450. (which ever shoots best) I have just started to assemble the components and would appreciate any comments or advice on this matter. I have all the bullets and several powders ready to go. AA2230 for the North Forks, RL 7 for the Swift and Barnes and also IMR 3031 for the Swift. I will try and get the POI to be close and load the A frame/ Barnes first followed by the 2 solids for the hunt. I have Hornady Brass on hand and a variety of primers. I was planning on a Lee Crimp Die as well as my Redding Die. But am not sure if I need the crimp. I will measure velocity with my Magneto.

I also have a Bushnell 6500 Elite 1.25 x 8 x 32 on Warne removable rings, with a Nikon African/Warne 1x4x20 as a backup in addition to the Iron sights. I am not sure where to sight in - either at 50 or 100 yards??

I have rigged up a short set of 3 sticks that can sit on the bench in my indoor range for practice and load development and have a set of African Sporting Creations for the hunt. On my elk hunts I have always placed a sand bag on my pack or a tree limb but that cannot work here.

Any advice from those who have actually hunted in Africa on any of my set up would be greatly appreciated.