Originally Posted by 45_100
I didnt know that Blackheart, but i have no reason to think it is not true. I thought the Iver Johnson and Ithaca were very similar if not the same. Did Ithaca make them for Iver Johnson or vice versa? We have two Henry Golden Boys and the first thing I noticed was the action is very similar to the Ithaca. I would think $250 for the Ithaca Saddlegun is reasonable if it was in decent condition. I dont remeber what i paid for mine, new.
Erma Werke in Germany made the guns for Ithaca and Iver Johnson. Later the Imperato family {owners of Henry Repeating Arms} bought the design and tooling from Erma. Todays standard model Henry .22 is almost identical to the Erma/ Ithaca/Iver Johnson version but actually a little better because Henry has replaced the plastic barrel bands of the earlier guns with steel barrel bands. Henry also uses real walnut for the stock/forearm while the Ithaca and Iver Johnson were walnut stained hardwood. The standard model {H0001} Henry lever action .22 can be had for 289.00 new from Wal-Mart.