I had a pre 64 FW rebored to a 338/06 by oregunsmthing in Pendleton OR . One hole shooter at 100 with 210 or 225 NP. with Pendleton composite stock fast handling rifle in the timber. Really like it. Also had Jes rebore old 98 sporter to 9.3 x 62 I am reworking now 3 grove rifleing shot at 1 inch group factory ammo no bedding or steel pillar in old wood stock . Both smiths did nice job on these guns. Jes only dos rebore only feeding will be on you if needed As rounds get bigger diameters feeding can be problem I had to do some work on 338/06 feeding was 99% when I got back from smith I would not put on him. I ran lot of rounds though old mauser before I sent to Jes Give him a call real nice guy fast turn around time 2 weeks . The 98 went from 270 win to 9.2 x 62 I new putting new bottom metal in, mag box will be longer so will have to rework ramp any way. I would do rebore again if rifle shoots good it will probly shoot good after rebore. There is always a risk though of hard spots causing problems. On the other hand there is also the theory that rebore can stress relive barrel after rifle has new rifleing cut Barrel will have cut rifleing after rebore. After having done a few of these projects if you can find a complete rifle you would be $ ahead even if you can do all work yourself. But if you enjoy tinkering it is a lot of fun.