Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Originally Posted by pointer
Thanks for the info, I will keep that in mind for my next trip. Might just pick the week to hunt and wait to narrow down the area closer to time.

I'm a Cards fan for much of the same reason, but also grew up 2.5hrs from the stadium making it a bit easier to be a fan. I will say I'm a big fan of Miggy!

You probably don't remember the 68' World Series, Tigers-Cards. Bob Gibson's heyday....pals and I listened to the games at school on transistor radios...
My dad graduated HS in '68 and it was 10yrs before I was born, so no first hand recollection. Gibson's season that year changed baseball as it resulted in a lowering of the mound. Read a great interview with him a few years back, he was asked about the scowl he gave when getting the signs. He replied that he didn't pitch angry, just didn't have that good of eye sight... wink When he pitched, he owned the plate and wasn't shy about making sure the batter knew that as well. One thing I love about the internet is being able to access/find videos of those old games.

Last edited by pointer; 03/13/18.