I have done a LOT of work on homes built in the Greek Revival period, especially following "9/11" when thousands of the New York City people started buying up farms and old homes. We'd go in, gut out from the inside to the exterior siding, save the orginal windows, doors, and moldings. New electric, insulation, wall coverings, plumbing, refinish floors, everything. Some homes required dismantle and foundations had to be put in and often 90% of the structure had to be "New Construction." As well, I have a masonry background, and wayyy too much roofing experience. I have also had to mimic old trim.

I'm a finish carpenter, and a rough in guy, from the footer to roof cap, and most everything in between, inside and out.
There really isn't much on the residential front that I can't handle, and I've done a bit of comercial work also.
I'm quite at home on most any site.

A lot of residential customers have an "idea" of what they want, but they need a bit of an artisan to bring their vision to completion in such a way that it looks and feels fitting within their home. I am good at that, I "see" it and can create it.

I've also done log homes. Kits. Nothing scribed. Yet.
I've not done Post &Beam structures, Yet.

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)