Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by Tom264
Disagree Brad, you cant tell me that a 110 grain Varmint bullet from a .300 ultra mag will matter more than a 180 grainer on moose...no matter where it’s placed.

Yeah, but that's just stupid. Hopefully you know that.

It should go without saying (seemingly not on this forum) that the bullet should be appropriate to the game and cartridge... bullets are so good today, any C&C bullet designed for BG will work at average velocities.

My criteria:

1) Placement
2) Placement
3) Placement
4) Bullet
5) Cartridge

But please, do tell your observations killing elk...

None of it matters if your not in shape to go get them in the first place. I see it every year, bought this whiz bang rifle - shoots light out to farther than you can see. Noon on first day: feet have blisters, legs so sore they can't get out of a lawn chair and would rather sleep in the second day than go after them again. There's a reason success rates are what they are..... For the guys that don't fall into that trap about anything from a .243 up works just fine. I've killed bulls with Partitions, Interlocks, SST's, CoreLokts and arrows - all resulted in dead elk. The only bullets I would not use again are the SST's.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope