Great minds think alike Gary, wife and I hit a show today as well in Eugene Oregon. Might as well add that to the thread if you don't mind.

Savage 23D 22 Hornet in better than average shape $400 ish, don't remember for sure. I do remember it had a one piece base spanning the opening and a small diameter vintage scope.

A mint Stevens SxS 20 gauge with that gawd awful ugly wood on it, serial # beginning with E, so later, what 1980's? What I liked about it was the short short barrels, about 23". Would have been handy in the brush for grouse and only $325 for a mint SxS 20. If I wasn't ok for scatterguns that would have come home with me.

About a dozen Savage lever guns in various states of Bubba-ization and wear from $400 up. Only good one came home with me, and most wouldn't be interested, but I was missing this one. A 1968 99C in .284 in 99% shape with an extra .284 magazine for $800. Stamped checkering but hey, it's a .284 that's 50 years old and looks almost new. The metal does but the wood was refinished.

Saw a 50's/60's cut checkered Savage SxS 12 gauge for $750. Not much interest at that price! A few used up model 24's but one good 22 mag/20 gauge with the silver receiver, is that a DL model? I forget. $450. I think that was a fair buy. A couple custom 99's including one heavily engraved one very nice workmanship, but lacked taste. Old style rifle, modern Williams sights, that sort of thing. Too bad, it was some very nice engraving.

Made some great deals on 7mag Redding dies and components I needed, lots of goodies all for $40. Also needed and found both front and rear sights for a remington 600 in .222 and only $15. Felt really good about that find.

Was looking for 22HP dies, 38-55 dies and a couple three loose rounds for testing the feeding in a rifle I'm rebarreling to 38-55. No luck with any of that.

Ended up reacquainting myself with two Savage collectors I'd met in Reno that live in Oregon and am looking forward to playing show and tell with them when time allows.

I saw some nice specimens of other types but nothing I'm interested in. It seems like the Winchester lever guns that have always been so collectible have pretty well flattened off. There's so darn many of those things out there.

Had to hit the Hobby Lobby craft store for the wife and of course the Cabelas gun library, no love there.

Last edited by Fireball2; 03/18/18.

LOL