Originally Posted by Tesoro
For what its worth...I now think the vx6 2-12x42 is a better fit for the BLR than the 2-7 or 2.5-8x36. Reason being the lowest mount fits the 2-12 with clearance. I was at a shop today and set up a 2.5x8 on a low ring/base and there was way more air between the bell and the barrel than on my 2-12. SO with any of those scopes there is still going to be a cheek weld issue.The 2-12 fits snugger to the gun and has much more fov and the same eye relief for low and high power unlike the 2.5-8. It also has a bigger tube = more light and adjustment. Its an inch longer and 6oz heavier which is okay as the blr isnt a lightweight unless alloy. The same glass is in the non hd vx6 as in the new vx3i. Of course the vx6 costs more too at 600 street vs 400.

I am going to have a machinist make an extended talley base for the rear and tap it so I can put in a skinner peep. Skinner is severely back logged and i'm tired of waiting as I cant even get a date.

Cheek weld should be the same. The reason there was more air between the 2.5-8x36 and the barrel than the 2-12x42 was the 6mm difference between the objectives on these two scopes when placed into the same height rings. If the 2-12 suits your needs and you like it better, go for it.

Last edited by magshooter1; 03/20/18.

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.