Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by las
You also have my condolences. It never gets easier when one of our best buds leaves us.

Despite that, they are worth it and then some.

In 7 weeks, my situation changes, and I start looking anew for a give-away, pound or rescue dog.

We lost the Lab lost 2 years ago, and the Dachshund about 10 now. Still looking around for either or both at times. I'm sure if there is a doggie heaven, they are showing Ruby around.

One of each if we can find them. Need a big dog to keep the boogers off the little one..... smile. Boogers meaning bears, wolves and coyotes primarily.

Want me to look for you?

Mid May- I'll start looking. But thanks, Mike. Logistics and all. And wife doesn't show up until July. smile

She hated Tripper Lab pup at first too. That lasted about 2 days....then she left for a 2 month away from home job. All good after that. And if I have "her" Dachshund on site, (last one thought he was mine) it's all good. We won't tell her. One doesn't live 40 years with a woman without learning work-arounds.

She's only tough on the outside.

Well, actually, one really does not want to cross her on some things....... I mean, really! But a weiner dog fixes everything.

Compromise, hell - I'm going straight for the bribe.

Last edited by las; 03/23/18.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.