Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Bigwhoop: Apparently this Rifle has now sold?
Don't know the particulars but my similar condition (maybe a tad better!), similar vintage Featherweight 270 wouldn't even come out of one of my gunsafes into my gun vault room for a look'see on an offer that low!
It IS very difficult to find a collection quality early Featherweight in caliber 270 Winchester nowadays!
I know, I been chasin'em for right past half a century now.
Featherweight 270 pre-64 Model 70 Rifles simply got Hunted with and used up they were so popular as Hunting guns!
Again, trying to find a mint condition (not that the linked to Rifle IS mint!) 270 Featherweight is tough duty.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

That rifle was a far cry from being a collector. Did you happen to see the crack in the stock at the tang? When i bought my 270 fwt (which was primo compared to this one), the seller had 3 more on the table just like it. One was actually in new/never fired condition. He was wanting $1,700.00 for that beauty. I paid $1350 for the one i bought because i wanted a rifle to shoot and hunt with. Besides from the fact that rifle was pretty cherry, it was also the best shooter in the bunch (according to the seller, who ive known for over 20 years). Moral of the story: there are better rifles out there and for far less money wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA