Sagerat: I only wish I had purchased more of the original Kimber of Oregon Model 82 "S" type Rifles!
Mine have just exquisite wood on them - and again I only wish I had purchased MORE of them
What a wonderful investment they have been for me.
Some of mine have matching serial numbers (but in different calibers).
I keep mine new, unfired in the box - so no comments on their accuracy from me.
Sadly last I talked to a Kimber factory representative in person, they still have all the tooling for "rimfire Rifles" back at the factory but they are so busy building pistols they hardly have time to do some centerfire Rifles let alone gearing up again to manufacture rimfire Rifles.
I do have a Kimber of Oregon "Ultra-Varmint" in caliber 221 Remington Fireball that I shoot on special Varmint Safaris from time to time - it is an excellent little Varminter with a wonderfully shaped stock and excellent trigger and easily (usually) attains right at .500" groups (5 shots at 100 yards). This with a moderate power Leupold straight 12 power scope.
Another Kimber of Oregon I dearly love and shoot on special occasions is an 82-B in caliber 218 Bee.
This 82-B has very nice wood on it but no where near the quality/beauty of my 82-S's.
Dittos for its accuracy and trigger.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy