Yes, for the first time last fall after being away from hunting and shooting for almost 20 years. Gerard told me the story about the development of the 200 gr and recommended it for elk and deer here in the US. This was also my first outing with my 375 Ruger Guide Gun. His load recommendation was spot on. I'm loading them in front of 77 gr of some old IMR 3031 in the 20 in barrel for about 3110. I actually loaded 78 and 79 grains also so I decided to shoot those. I had a slightly sticky bolt at 79 gr and 3250 so I gladly stayed at 3100 fps. I shot 5 groups for seating depth and 3 of the 5 were under 1 MOA. I went with the depth that got me .55 in. I filled my deer (110 yards) elk (210 yards) tags. I was very surprised at how mild the recoil felt under hunting conditions. The deer was a pass through the neck. I went for the front shoulder of the elk and it did not pass through, but I could not find it. The deer dropped like a rock. The elk made it about 20 yards. Not much meat damage. I ordered two more boxes. I'm going to try the 7MM in 116 grain in my 7MM-08 for coyotes. I'm surprised to hear you using them instead of the 250s or 260s on buffalo! You must have a lot of faith in them.

I'm sure I could get very close to the same velocity in the 200gr 338 Win Mag with a better BC. I have a 338 WM Browning A-bolt that kicks like a mule. I'm guessing the HV's would tame it also. However, I'm so satisfied with the 375 that I think the 338 is going down the road.

Last edited by spud06; 04/01/18. Reason: spelling

Perry