I bought a new A-5 in '63, just as plastic wads were coming into widespread use. My Modified choked gun was full with the new wads. Peters loaded spreader loads for a while and they opened the Browning up. After a few years, I could no longer find spreader loads so I installed a poly choke. It actually worked as advertised, but I hated it. I took it to a smith and the order read, " Remove poly choke, cut to 20 inches, install Lyman choke ." He misread the order and made it 20 " overall, rather than what should have been a little over 24". Bummer......hated shorty too. Then after a while, Browning came out with the Jappan made A-5 with Invector chokes. I bought a barrel. It fit the old Belgium action perfectly. Problems solved. Shorty is on the gun while in my bedroom. The Invector barrel goes hunting. Happy at last.

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero