Originally Posted by Guybo54
I have both and I like the .308 but I love the 25.06. I have a Remington .308 LTR that I mostly punch paper with but I taken some deer with it as well. The .308 is a great caliber no doubt and the LTR is a fun gun to shoot. I've had several 25.06's over the years and I've never had one that wasn't accurate. I currently have a Remington CDL 25.06 that I've had since they came out and it's my baby and my main deer rifle. It's very accurate, mild recoil, flat shooting, and hits the target hard. I don't know what it is about the 25.06 but when I shoot a deer with it and do my part it's like the ground just gets snatched out from under them. It's pure deer poison around here and kills them like lighting. Mike

Mike-that has been my experience as well...can't explain it, I just know that a greater % of deer I have shot with a 25/06 have acted like they were pole-axed. A guy that works at the LGS and I were talking the other day. He knows that is what I mostly hunt with and was asking me about it. I told him about the same thing you have stated here. He was shocked, but then he said that he had killed 1 deer with a baby 06 and that is how the deer had reacted...dead on the spot. He just thought it was an anomaly. But I assured him it wasn't. And for the record, I rarely shoot the high shoulder area. I shoot behind the shoulder.