Originally Posted by TwentyTwo
USFAHUNTER:

I was a SASS member for a year, shooting in local Cowboy Action matches during that year. My gunsmith, Tom Mason (SASS handle Doc Dag), remains an active SASS member and competes in both local and out-of-town Cowboy Action shoots. Tom earned an Associate's degree in Gunsmithing at the Colorado School of Trades some years ago, and remains an active gunsmith on a part-time basis. Naturally, much of his business is repairing and enhancing "cowboy guns."

He certainly performed outstanding work on my Uberti-made Taylor & Company pair of replica Colt Model P revolvers (.357 Mag, 5 1/2 inch barrel, with Colt 1860 Army grips), Uberti-made Taylor & Company replica Winchester 1873 .357 Mag carbine, and a 12 ga Spanish hammerless SxS shotgun (damaged barrels trimmed to 22 inches per my request). Tom has done other rifle, shotgun and handgun work for me, to my total satisfaction.

Tom's shop is located at 727 Lake Doniphan Road, Excelsior Springs MO 64024, 816-804-7135. His basic schedule is 9:30 A.M. - 6:00 P.M., Tuesday - Thursday.

By the way, do try the Uberti-made Taylor & Company replica Colt Single Action Army revolver with the Colt 1860 Army grip. Maybe you'll like it, maybe you won't. It worked very well for me.