Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I had an earlier/older EAA IZH-94 in 12 over 6.5x55 with a fixed, modified(?) choke.

I couldn't get the rifle barrel to shoot better than 3 or 4 MOA, but an acquaintance thought that he could make it shoot, so l sold it to him. After shooting dozens of different loads through it, he couldn't find a load that would group well enough to justify carrying the heavy SOB afield, so he ate a little crow and quit on it too. The last I heard, he still had it.

I had just the opposite experience with the two I tried. One was a 7X57R, and the other was in 30-06. Both shot great, although the triggers were awful. The biggest complaint I hear is that the shotgun won't shoot to the same POI as the rifle barrels, much like the Savage 24 guns.

They are heavy with lousy triggers, but they work. At least mine did. I also had two of the 45-70 double rifles to play with, and both were acceptable, one being great, probably a bit if serendipity.

They're not Bond Street, but they're also not a gazillion dollars.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”