Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by tzone
I should have said over lubing. I resized 40 pieces of brass last night. Using a RCBS Lube pad and RCBS Case Lube 2. After 20 Remington and 20 Winchester, both were lubed the in the same fashion. But 19 of the Winchester's had dents in the shoulder/neck after resizing.

There seems to be a fine line between too much and just right. Is there a better product so I don't keep wrecking brass? Or do I just need to use less?

You're using too much & your technique might be making it worse also.

When you apply the case lube to the pad, you need to take a finger & rub it well into the pad; less & more frequent re-lubing is better.

Also, when you roll the cases (when I was using the RCBS pad, I would usually from do 4-6 cases at a time), apply most of the pressure to the rim/base area of the cases; applying the finger / hand pressure too much to the neck half of the case can easily press the shoulder into the pad too hard & over lube that area.

For all but the most demanding cases today, I mostly use Hornady One Shot & if I need more oomph, I use Imperial.

One shot is for all my high volume reloading & I just put the cases in a loading tray & spray from all 4 sides on about a 45-60 degree down angle.

MM

Imperial wax if sizing a small number of cases or if I’m in a hurry. Fantastic stuff! If sizing large quantities, I use One Shot just like MM describes. Three pieces of advice when using One Shot: Shake the can well before spraying, don’t spray too much, and be sure to let it dry well before sizing. Works for me.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug