I needed a set of tires for a 98 F150...the tires on it were horrible on ice even when new. Just happened that Consumer Reports had just done a review of light truck tires...and gave the Hankook Dynapro ATM a very strong rating on ice traction. The ones I replaced had the black circle of death for ice traction from CS! I bought a set of the Dynapros and have been super satisfied. At 22000 miles there is still a strong half tread, they are reasonably quiet (some road noise, but not much), and have good wet road traction, good snow traction (they are not a M+S tire, but do okay), and are, indeed, very good on ice. I have the 10 ply on the F150, and have since put the 4 ply version on a Chevy pickup and my girlfriends Jeep Commander. She drives 52 miles of interstate to work and back every day, and also thinks they are a good tire...and she HATES an icy road but has had to drive lots of them this Montana winter. They are not the only choice, but they are a very good tire in my experience, and not too bad for price.