Hi Jim,

This is very interesting. I went to RJ's home back in November to personally deliver a rifle for him to work his magic on. He did, and, as usual it was great! My 3rd rifle to him. While there I mentioned that I really like the 375 H&H, but I said I thought it was too much for most of North America (but I do hunt Alaska). He pulled out a project he was working on with the 375 caliber. It was not the 45/90 case, but was based on (I hope I'm not spilling any beans here) the 240 Weatherby case expanded to 375 and to be used in a No. 1. I brought a case home that he gave me and expanded it to 375 through a series of steps and measured a load of the same powder I use in my 375's (Re 15). It held approximately 53 - 55 grains with a bullet a little lighter than I normally use in my own 375's - 250-270 gr vs. 300). I thought I might be seeing that show up somewhere, but I guess it's now official for this case.

As he mentions, one of the distinct advantages of the H&H case is the taper for smooth insert and extraction, and I personally like a rimmed case for the No. 1. Boy-o-boy, if he is doing this on a 1S or similar configuration I may be looking for another No.1. He did work on a 450/400 N.E.(1H) for me and it's very nice, but I previously owned a 9.3x74R (1S) that I thought was the absolute best balanced rifle I ever owned. As far as I'm concerned Roger does to M77's and No. 1's what Ruger should be doing - I can HIGHLY recommend his work.

Terry