Originally Posted by Ruger77Shooter
Originally Posted by Crazydog
I have killed every deer since 1980 (at least 30 of them) with my Rem 7mm Mag using plain old green box Core-Lokt ammo in 150 grain. My first in 1980 and my last in 2014.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Crazydog...seeing you haven't posted on here but a couple times. Unless you have been reading the forum for a while, you might not yet know that the Core-Lokts no longer kill deer like they once did. The BC isn't high enough for one thing. They're not fast enough as they rarely meet the advertised speed. They just don't expand like the new stuff does, etc. The deer haven't found out yet, but the hunters are ahead of the game (pun intended). So, you will learn. One day soon, as soon as the deer find out they can no longer fall dead with the CL's, they will simply walk off when shot with the old green box ammo. However, until the deer know what many shooters already know, I will continue to shoot them. Everyone in my part of LA knows that these WT's around here are not exceptionally bright.

PS...nice pics. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the Fire!

Thanks for the welcome. I was a lurker for quite a while. I'm glad our mule deer can't read or access hunting forums. whistle