I just remember my father -in-law saying Sarber was a real bear man an a reputed crack shot. Popping bobbing seal heads out of a skiff is no easy task. The only guys I knew that hunted seals for bounty were Harold Seater and Allen Hennessy. They used a .222 Remington and Hennessy used it on goats, sheep and black bear. Hennessy and Martin Gorrison from Seward live trapped goats with nets and beagles and transported them to Kodiak back in the day. I remember seeing slides of one big billy in the basement of a 4-plex Hennessy owned in Anchorage.

There is an old article on the internet by the "Juneau Empire" about him and he is mentioned in a book I have called "No Room for Bears". He was alleged to have owned nine Mod. 70 .375 H&H rifles along with a bunch of other stuff and felt his hand loads were far superior to factory loads and thought a properly loaded .270 Win and 30-06 were plenty of gun for Alaska.

He also wrote articles for the American Riflemen from 1948 to 1951, which was before my time. His head stone is on the internet and has a rifle and bear head on it, how cool is that! His son is listed as dying in 2015.

Keep looking guys.