Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
BlackBranchFarms: I own four Leupold 6.5x20 EFR scopes and indeed they are an amazing tool!
But three of them are on centerfire Rifles. The fourth is on a rare Kimber S/V/T heavy barrel Rifle in 17 Mach2. This Kimber with that scope is a Ground Squirrel killing MACHINE!
I don't think I would recommend the 6.5x20 EFR Leupold for "all around" small game Hunting though.
That Kimber with the 6.5x20 EFR scope would be slightly difficult to Hunt more traditional small game animals with (Rabbits, Grouse etc).
If I was looking for a "high end, small game scope" I would definitely set my sights on a Leupold 3x9 Compact with adjustable objective (EFR).
I have a couple of these 3x9 EFR's on rimfire Rifles and they are the cat's meow!
They are hard to find though and somewhat pricey (though much less than an EFR 6.5x20 Leupold).
The Du-Plex reticle in my 3x9 EFR's is very pleasing to me and again I highly recommend one.
Best of luck to you with whichever you choose.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Yes Sir, that is what we use most of the time. They are a good compromise, but the field of view is not really good enough for fast moving squirrels nor is the power enough for eye ring shots in late sesaon when they are further out. I was hoping there was something a little better out there, but I guess squirrel hunters are a dying breed and there just isn't anything out there.

Thanks to every one who contributed.