Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Sounds like a great deal. As for the guy always bringing up his $700.00 deal on an 06 fwt, again, that's not a 270 fwt. Like others said, the 270 will/does bring more money. Finding a 270fwt in really good condition is also harder to do than finding a primo 30-06. Guys that bought 270's generally hunted the heck out of them.

That’s the truth right there. I paid 700 at a Cabelas for a primo 06 Fwt. Paid a bit more for just about the same exact rifle in a 270. They are about as alike as they can get with wear, year, etc. the 06 was pretty easy. The 270 was gotten from an old friend luckily.

You did good Scotty. Sometimes "old friends" are the best to buy from. My old buddy that I've bought some collectable winchester from used to have a pre 64 collection of 240 rifles. At the time I bought my 270 fwt, he had 4 he was selling. Good deals are out there, if you know the right people. I know you've seen my 30-06 fwt, but I paid $800.00 for that rifle and it's pretty primo. I will never get rid of that one... As we know, the 270's are really hard to find in excellent condition. Generally we have to wait for one to fall into our lap, or put the word out and eventually the right one will surface... It takes time though... I still think the OP will be doing well at that price point. Even if it has had a pad installed. I'd probably pull it from that stock and throw it into a mcmillan. Or heck, since it's been cut and pad installed, I'd hunt it just like that and not be afraid to glass bed it either...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA