Originally Posted by Tejano
I thought those things were a joke but I better reconsider that now.

I've rattled in a pile of bucks with the Pack Rack and I'd never go back to the authentic stuff. The PR is far more portable (even the mag size) and my thumbs thank me too. grin
Seriously though, it takes awhile to get the hang of them. I think too many people start just rolling them together and expect results. Deer don't stand with their antlers together and bob their head's to-and-fro in unison.

If I'm rattling, I want a mature deer thinking there's someone on his turf that needs its arse kicked - not two toy bucks playing around where the mature deer isn't going to even bother to take a look.

A lot of folks think because they didn't see a deer that nothing responded. I shot the buck in the bottom pict above at about 1/4 mile in a broken clearcut. He hung-up, mostly hidden at that distance. Were it not for the rock cropping height I had for a vantage point, I would have never seen him when he turned to walk away.
That's why I'm adamant about good visibility downwind - if they're going to show in heavier cover, that's where the shot is going to eventually happen if you don't catch them beforehand.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D