Originally Posted by Tejano
I and friends have shot some big ones with 22 rim fires but one big one took on a rodeo shoot with multiple hits required. Anything that works on deer is usually fine but when I know there are really big ones around it is nice to have more bullet penetration if needed. We saw one that we mistook for one of the cows it was among. The tracks looked like a cows too. One like that pushing 400 lbs and with two inches of gristle shield and then an unknown amount of mud over that makes a Mono or other premium bullet reassuring.

We never got that one but it was enough justification to get the 375s out just in case they were needed but mostly for fun.

We killed one about like that once years ago. Walked up on it, and my buddy chit himself.. I carried a 22 pistol all the time. I'd have shot him with that but my buddywanted to kill him. He was afraid. He had a 77/44 with 240 soft points. We were only about 30 yards out, so I says shoot him in the ear. Damn fool ate that pig too... no need for the big guns but they can be fun.

We'll be shooting deer this fall with a 10mm glock and a 458 Win mag just because.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....