Originally Posted by RNF
My hunting partner and I drew 2 NONRESIDENT DOE/FAWN ANTELOPE tags each for unit 47. I ready to start packing for the trip.

My wife and I each drew a doe/fawn tag for the area but we did not get "any antelope" tags. My wife and son did not draw extra cow/calf elk tags and I did not draw the deer tag I wanted. It turned out for the better as far as the elk and deer tags go, because the area we would have been hunting for those burned up a week and a half ago.

Originally Posted by T_Inman

Then there's the watershed divides that Wyoming likes to use as boundaries so damn much...Which can be really difficult to determine with twisting and meandering drainages all over the place. Several states use watershed divides, especially in wilderness areas but Wyoming seems to really like them. Then there's the creeks used as boundaries, which generally are OK but at some point at the headwaters the creek bed ceases to exist. You may come to a spring at the headwaters several hundred yards from the ridgeline (or the creek may just peter out), but uphill from that there's no established creek bed so there's a lot of subjectivity of the unit boundaries at the heads of those basins when creeks or rivers are used as unit boundaries. It's almost like they made a deal with OnXmaps to make their products about the only way to reliable know when you're legal up in the high country.

That is so true. I try to be super geeky about being sure I am in the right place, and this can be very frustrating. I've even walked into Game and Fish headquarters and gone over their own maps with game wardens. I got the impression that they have to cut some slack on that. Think about the burden of proof. But, relying on the burden of proof is not the way I like to operate. (I don't know what OnXmaps is, BTW.)

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln