I'm kind of questioning the QC at MRC. I bought a X2 back in January and had to send it back because it failed to feed and extract properly. I sent it back to them and waited about 2 months to get it back. I'm not sure what work they did while they had it, but I noticed when I got it back, the barrel isn't centered too well in the stock and actually makes contact on the left side. This wasn't the case when I first received it, because I specifically looked to see how well the fit and finish was and was pleased with the look of the barrel/stock fit. I also noticed it was missing a foam screw plug on the butt pad. When remounting the scope, one of the scope base screws stripped out at 15 in/lbs, so I found a local smith to drill and tap them to 8-40. Today I spent some time cycling some Hornady rounds through it and it looks like it might still have the extraction issue, I'll confirm it tomorrow when I take it to the range. Testing it at home, the extractor loses control of the round before the case is fully extracted. One of the same problems it had when I first sent it to them.

Bottom line, if you have a gunsmith you trust and like, I'd be inclined to just buy one of their actions only and have the local smith build you what you want. I do like the feel of my X2, but unfortunately it wasn't an "out of the box" success. I'll still need to work the trigger to something acceptable.

Last edited by gsganzer; 06/23/18.