Originally Posted by gsganzer
Today I spent some time cycling some Hornady rounds through it and it looks like it might still have the extraction issue, I'll confirm it tomorrow when I take it to the range. Testing it at home, the extractor loses control of the round before the case is fully extracted. One of the same problems it had when I first sent it to them.

Just got back from the range and the MRC X2 still fails to extract about 50%- 60% of the time. The accuracy also wasn't top notch, but I'll reserve judgement until after I have the extraction issue sorted, barrel channel/bedding fixed and the crappy trigger addressed. I was also shooting a Tikka T3 in 6.5CM that was shooting 1/2" 3-shot groups. I'm really starting to warm to the Tikka and slowly losing any love for the MRC.

I will say that I like the balance and feel of the MRC X2, probably the only reason I keep investing so much effort in getting it sorted and working right. I'm not sure I'd want it much lighter for fear it would shift the balance and make it top heavy. That's my only knock on the Tikka. If you're out stalking and holding it under the belly at your side, it's really top heavy and wants to roll over in your hand. The Tikka is also the only removeable box magazine rifle I own and it takes some getting used to. Nitpicking, I know.