Originally Posted by Tejano
For general cheap loads don't overlook the Privy Partisan bullets. I was skeptical and they look funky with non uniform noses but they shoot just fine and perform like the old pre-bean counter Core Lokts on game. Grafs usually has them at bulk prices.

If the necks are good then the dies or how they are set up is suspect. I have had good luck with RCBS but even better with a Lee Collet and Forster competition seater. The Lee is not bad either another good value product.

I agree. In my limited experience, I can't tell the difference between the 139-gr Prvi PSP and the older 140-gr Core-Lokts that I have on hand. And the 158-gr Prvi Grom is a very stout bullet that works very, very well on pigs. I haven't recovered any bullets from game, but the ones I've recovered from dry newspaper (i.e., the Mule Deer Test) look like a TSX, petals and all. An added bonus with Prvi cases is that the brass lasts a very long time. Granted, I don't push my reloads to the limit, but I have cases that have been reloaded five or six times, and the primer pockets are still tight.

I've loaded those cases using a Lee Collet as well as a Lee Dead-Length seating die and don't have much issue with run-out. Last week I ordered a Redding Competition seating die (w/micrometer) when Bullets.com closed them out but haven't used it yet. Considering that my M98 already shoots my 175-grain Deep Curl loads into sub-MOA groups, it may have been a waste of money; but for $85 NIB - same as the Forster - I couldn't pass it up.

Last edited by RevMike; 06/25/18.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown