Originally Posted by Draftmule
Kind of hate to wade into the fray but a bunch of knowledge here and looks like we have time to burn for arrival and shipment of these S&Bs. I was hoping to utilize a Direct mount low/.885 one piece ring set Nightforce Rem 700 part A219 for this scope but do not think it will be short enough and offer a lick of adjustment. I own one of these but do not mind investing in whatever best. I Never have purchased or set up a Picatinny rail but getting a clue might be best and would like to look at other one piece 30mm ring set up that will would work for this scope. Thanks!

I sent this to the S&B USA tech rep for his opinion and he replied:

"I've reached out to Germany to acquire some technical data on this scope for me as they have not arrived yet and I have not seen one.

I would think that this long action mount would be too long for the scope considering the size of the 6x42 Klassik which should be very close dimensionally. If it would be long enough he would certainly get plenty of adjustment out of the optic but the mounting area is a concern. I would personally recommend using a one piece pic rail and low rings but it sounds like he's pretty set on a mount. Mounts used on a rail force the scope to be too high and why I use rings with rails."

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]