[Linked Image]

Here is part of my resume. I built this addition onto my log cabin two years ago, did all the log work and framing myself, also did the concrete footings. I also wired it. Hard to get an electrician to wire a log house and I love to do residential wiring. I have wired four log cabins by myself, I do not consider residential wiring to be difficult.

However I hate plumbing, not because of doo doo on the hands you don't encounter that in new construction, I just don't like it.
So we hired a plumber. One small bathroom.

This is out in the wilderness in NC, 30 miles nw of Asheville. Hell we had a hard time even getting a plumber to come look at the job.
One bathroom and it was in the framed dogtrot, so, typical normal framing plumbing.
He gave a bid for $2200 and said he would get about $80 an hour. Good Lord I wish to God someone would pay me half of that to build log cabins, I wouldn't be driving around Texas in an 18 wheeler if someone would.

So, this guy did a good job with the plumbing, used that pex stuff and after two years we have had no problems. But I kinda kept a clock on him while he was working, the rascal put in about 10 hours! I didn't give him any [bleep], to coin a phrase, because it was a bid job, but that rascal made $220 an hour on us! OK, so he spent a few hours at the plumbing supply house, he only made $180 an hour! Damn.

Like I said, if someone would pay me half of that to do my log cabin work I wouldn't be sitting here in Evergreen Alabama with a CDL in my pocket.

Carpenters get crap pay in the South and the last guy I talked to wanted to pay me $20 an hour for my log building skills. I told him to screw himself so here I am back out on the road in the big rig.