Blanket—do you have any direct experience with Canada’s health care system?
I’ve heard all the stories about sub-standard care and long wait lines but truthfully I have never experienced any of it.
I have been to a rural hospital in Wytheville, Virginia— been to the hospital in Aitkin, and Olivia and Duluth, Minnesota.
I have been to the Hospital in Ashland, Wisconsin and to the VA at Fort Snelling.
I live much more isolated than most people but have always felt I got excellent and better care at my little local medcenter and hospital than in any of those more sophisticated places.
I had a very bad experience in RSVN with Pot in 1969. Tried it again about 1972–hated the way it made me feel and preached against the devil weed for many years thereafter. I will never use it again.
I have since changed my thinking on Pot
As I have gotten older I have learned that it ain’t all about me.
I might nie killed my self with perfectly legal whiskey and all the cops and politicians never helped me in any way with that.
I interact everyday with potheads, alcoholics and drug addicts and I would much rather deal with potheads.
Drugs and alcohol are a self-limiting problem —you either get sober or you die—and I never met a cop nor a politician that really understands or helps with that.
Drugs and alcohol kill people everyday—Pot not so much.