Originally Posted by klong67
Wow 8 times! And here I am trying to go once. Of course finances will have a lot to do with it. But, Its a dream hunt, so I guess you can't put a price on that. I need to just make it a priority, save up, and do it.

I want to start small. Just a few (maybe 3-4) basic plains game at first. Then, go back a second time and try and get bigger plains game like kudu, zebra, etc. I have friends that say wouldn't it be cool to get a lion on your first safari? And I say "No it wouldn't!" Animals like that DESERVE to be taken by someone who has put in their time and EARNED the right to hunt them. But thats just me and the way I see it.

Listen to Ingwe and don't "settle" for just 3-4 critters on your first safari.

Get what you WANT-you're already paying X amount simply to fly over there...if you really WANT a kudu or gemsbok or whatever, you're simply not going to be happy if you go all the way over there hunting only the cheap critters and not hunting whatever that #1 critter for you is.

Sure, you could use that as an excuse to go back, but you'll regret not chasing whatever it is that you really want. I took a kudu, gemsbok, impala, blesbok and a warthog on my only trip and really regret not adding a black wildebeest. I'll make it back one day, but that doesn't help my desire to hunt one now.