On a more serious note, I have several .22RF rifles that have stayed with me for many years, and recall a number that went down the road. I have one that goes both ways and one chambered only for shorts. The survivors remain because they are remarkably precise and consistent when fed quality ammo, and I do. They are not guns that I shoot a lot, but that only means that someone down the road will wind up with a keeper. Even the 10/22 does a fair job running a bit under MOA out to 100 yards.

If someone had the presence of mind to reintroduce the .44 Henry Flat and ammo to go along with it I would buy my last RF rifle. Saw one of the original brass babies in near perfect condition at a gun show awhile back with a $175K sticker and I asked if he had ammo. He replied "No." and I thought "You silly girl, what good it is?"

Johnny Reb bitched about them damn Yankees loadin' on Sunday and shootin' all week. I get it.

200 gr (13 g) lead 1,125 ft/s (343 m/s) 568 ft⋅lbf (770 J)
[Linked Image]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.44_Henry

Anyone wanna race?

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain