I own a G20 G3 SF with both 4.6” and 6” bbls; a G29; & a G40. All have KKM barrels. I also have a 6.3” bbl long-slide Dan Wesson Bruin 10mm.

I bought the G20 first as it preexisted the other three. The G20 now serves a decent roll in the main-floor safe in the kitchen as nice a self-defense tool.

Last week, I went out to my land in Colorado and camped there with a bunch of relatives, including children. There are tons of black bear poop everywhere on there. There also are big mountain lions. I recently found a dismembered deer near where we camp.

I brought the DW, which is the most refined and most accurate of the bunch, but because of fire restrictions, we couldn’t target shoots.

When I carried concealed (sometime I had to go to a town), I carried the G29 (which I can pump out 700 ft-lbs through UW ammo). When I carried open, I carried the G40. I never thought I wished I had the G20 for any reason. I didn’t have it. Didn’t’ want it. I have all three.

I wonder how many who prefer the G20, own the G29 or G40.

If I only owned the G20, I can see being seemed biased in favor of it. But I own all three. The G29 is far more concealable, and still crazy powerful. The G40 is far better than the G20 for open carry for sure.