Originally Posted by stevevan1
I guess I'm odd man out. All (I mean a fair number of scopes, binos, spotters) my Swaros have all excelled in their operation and yes, the glass is superb. Having said that, I've owned 3 NF scopes. 2 NXS and 1 SHV. I'm sure they were built real good but they were why too heavy for my use and their optical quality did not match their cost. Sold all three.

Interesting. I had four z5 5-25X52 and not one of them had glass as good as my Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X50 on an optics chart. Two were really close and two were more like my Minox. The z5 I did use because of its light weight went to service twice for the same thing: Erector replaced twice. It was a ballistic turret model.

I thought my Bushnell had glass as good as my Nightforce NXS 12-42X56 when I used to look at twigs and leaves in the trees 150 yards away. Then I used an eye chart and discovered they weren't even in the same league. Although, I will say the Nightforce fell behind the Swarovski z8i of my range friend's. Having never viewed a March I can't say if the z8i is my favorite or not. Maybe I will find a used one with the reticle I like. One can only hope at my income level.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter