I'll never trust a Swaro again...had a PH series scope fail, costing me a 6x6 whitetail pushing B&C. Shooting 8 feet to the left...at 25 or so yards. After my missed buck, I took the rifle to the range and it was off the target at 100....off the target at 50. 25 yard pistol board was an 4x8 foot sheet of plywood, I finally hit the board by holding it on the right edge of the plywood I got a group at the left edge.

I was pissed beyond words and sent it back to Swaro, who forwarded it to their overseas facility. After calling Swaro later on and checking on the repair the first words out of the guy's mouth I was speaking with in the service dept asked me, "Lemme guess...you were shooting a 300 Ultra Mag wern't you?". I was, and asked him "So what difference does that make?"...he laughed a little and changed the subject.

It finally made its way back to my house and I never even took it out of the box....it went back to the store I bought it from and was traded for a Schmidt. Prior to that I discussed the matter with two of our most knowledgeable posters on this forum, bouncing ideas off of them. Both stated that (paraphrased), Swarovski doesn't make strong scopes at all, in their opinion, and that the Schmidt would be significantly better.

The 300 Ultra beforehand had a Leupold VX-R mounted on it with zero problems. I just needed more light gathering.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.