Originally Posted by Markwondi
Yes, Pierce is one that I found subpar and quickly out of the running. There were many machining marks on the receiver I handled plus the bolt was very sticky despite being coated. To be fair, I already have 4 other Borden actions so I was extremely confident with Jim’s titanium receiver before even looking.

The 6.5x47L will be built on a McMillan Hunter edge fill stock, Bartlein 2b contour with 1/2” shank and finished at 22”, Jewell trigger and topped with a Swarovski Z3 4-12x50 scope. Yep, the alpine magnum has an elongated port.

I used a Pierce long action for a wildcat a couple years ago. I could not get the action to cycle while it was against my shoulder. The guy at Pierce told me to choke up on the bolt. I went to Sportsmans and tried several brands after that experience. I discovered Savage, Tikka, Weatherby Mark V six lug (the nine lug acted the same as the Pierce) and another I don't remember worked smoothly while keeping a sight picture. I disassembled the Pierce and sold the individual parts.

That Leupold VX-6 4-24X52 was sure a nice scope.

Edited to add: Borden doesn't do ti anymore.

Last edited by Ringman; 07/16/18.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter