Originally Posted by Okanagan
I've never understood the ban syndrome. That is a leftist trait to want to control other people, ban them from speaking, eating in public places, etc. The joke is that when a conservative doesn't like something he avoids it. When a liberal doesn't like something he tries to ban it for everybody.

I understand and completely agree with banning someone who is repeatedly offensive, crosses a line into grossly inappropriate personal attacks, racist or universally offensive, etc. Even that is a judgment call.

But to ban someone because he is stupid, or his politics or ideas are lame is a lazy approach. I'm not for banning such people and agree with Rick's handling of the site.

Within a few posts we can tell if someone has an agenda, is a political troll, is maybe opinionated but not very articulate, a good ol boy lazy about precise wording, shrewd, naive, a one-topic bore, etc. If a poster has nothing to say, hardly ever, I don't read them, whether it is politics or reloading. There are a few people whose posts I seldom pass. Very few.

Others I never read after the first few.

Try it.

This is supposed to be a fun thread........no seriousness allowed!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla