Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by rost495
One thing to learn in the process is the fit upper to lower, matters not unless you are trying to win matches or shoot 1000 yards with the gun and even then it doesn't make much difference.... at 300 yards its under a half inch difference in overall 10 shot group sizes, actually I think it was less than that but I can't seem to recall

You can always just throw in an acu wedge to tighten things up too.

Accuracy is one point.

I can't stand a floppy rattling gun. Even a cheap ugly rifle shouldn't act like a can of spare parts. IMHO.

And it is just an opinion, but a loose gun feels broken to me.

We all have opinions. Good things start with accuracy. Beyond that its all gravy. But I just refuse to get hung up on looks. And rattling bothers me but it doesn't affect accuracy so its low on my worries list.

Once I'd been handed my tail to me a number of times by a guy with a ratty M70 action, chrome moly barrel that had clear coat on it an rust showing... and a wooden stock that had bondo here and there to make it fit right, and primer gray in spots... I gave up on vanity, learned what really mattered in life and kept moving forward.

Kinda like vehicles in some ways too... not washed and a few dents is liable to have a solid engine/ transmission and thats way better than the shiny caddy's with chrome that are show and junk.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....