Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
A couple of notes on the 2-10x42 that don't get considered very often.

At 18.6 oz for a 1" scope it's a fairly heavy scope...some people say that to get a reliable/dependable scope it has to be heavy. This one carries a little weight in a fairly compact package.

After using a lot of different "tough" scopes over the past year I've found many of them are very finicky in how you have to use them. Things like having very little leeway for head placement on all powers, parallax settings must be exact or clarity/resolution are poor, change of head position/eye relief with change of power, fine reticles that are very hard to pick up in thick backgrounds and low light....etc. The 2-10x42 is a very easy to use scope regarding all of these things. Those things make little difference when shooting from the bench but can make a big difference when hunting. Of course, if it won't hold zero all of those positives don't amount to much, but if it is reliable holding zero and returning to zero (which the 2-10x42 has for me) all of those positive characteristics are very valuable to me in a hunting scope.

I am using the Toric 2-10x42 on two rifles. My experience mirrors JCMCUBIC's assessment of how easy it is to use and his use (and others) of it reassures me that it will continue to perform well under my much lighter use.

Last edited by GrimJim; 07/20/18.