Originally Posted by jimmyp
How much does the delta weigh? It says made in Japan, LOW? I am beginning to wonder how different these scopes really are. I know NF focuses on durability and repeatability above all else, but I have to wonder with a 34mm scope made in maybe the same factory how is it not durable and repeatable? Still liking the idea of the 17 ounce NSX8 and yet 45 mm at 8x is intriguing. Nice number 4 as well are they etched or wire reticles?

This reticle is called 2D and it is basically a #4 with two additional lead dots. The scope also comes with a regular number 4 reticle.

The weight is close to 24 ounces.

It is made by LOW. LOW, like all OEMs, builds to spec and there are always some differences between the assembly tolerances, component selection, etc. A lot of what people say about Nightforce is a result of very successful marketing, but they are definitely very good in keeping OEMs in line and in doing very careful QC. That makes a big difference.

Delta seems to have a very good track record of maintaining QC with their LOW products (they are pretty big in Central and Northern Europe, so I talked to some of the people who carry their scopes and they are very happy with quality and consistency).

ILya